Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Surprise!!!! Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Sherry! Five years ago Sherry threw me, her husband, a surprise 50th birthday party and I thought I would never get a chance to top that but, since she has spent the last five months writing this blog, sharing her wonderful wisdom with readers around the world, a plan started forming. An idea came to me in the middle of the night that woke me up and I couldn’t go back to sleep until I had thought it through. I wondered if anyone had ever thrown a surprise birthday party on the internet. Where else could you invite people from around the world, but no one would have to leave the comfort of their own home to attend. So welcome to Sherry’s surprise birthday party! Thank you for coming. We will all sing happy birthday now. “Happy birthday to you….."

I was so happy that Sherry decided to share the tools she’s learned with others. Since the first post, Sherry has tirelessly written down thoughts and tools that have brought her closer to her own God within. I’ve watched as she excitedly talks about every comment that is shared by you who read this blog. You have become her friends and extended spiritual family. I’ve gotten to know you all, from Inspiration Autsin, who has been here since the beginning, to Despina, who we met here on the blog and later met in person to attend one of her workshops. There’s Harshad whose “wonderful smile” shows up in so many of the posts and Bill, AKA Timberwolf123, who adds amazingly heartfelt comments that continue to inspire further discussion. There are so many more who follow this blog one way or another and visit often. Thank you for coming.

With the continued support from you, her new friends and family, as well as the encouragement and support from her old friends like Jeri and the Ya Ya group, I know that Daily Spiritual Tools will grow even bigger and Sherry will continue thinking about you daily.

Sherry always speaks of blessings on this blog, but for me (and I think you can see as well) she is the true blessing. Sherry, you are amazing; I see you, I love you, and I cherish the days that I have been blessed with you as my partner and friend. May you continue to share you amazing insights with this wonderful spiritual community that you have developed here.

Thank you all for being here. I know Sherry would love to have you here in person, but having you join me from around the world, celebrating her birthday is the next best thing.

May Sherry and Daily Spiritual Tools continue to be a blessing…

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and what a wonderful and romantic way to surprise her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday, my dear friend! May you always See God(dess) in Everything, and may you continue to share your wit, wisdom and love with us. To quote a song from "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," I'm glad you were born!

    Much love, Jeri

    PS: You have a wonderful husband too! Good job, Mike!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sherry,
    Blessings of love, light, joy & peace ALLways!
    Caryl ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts. I wish for you a year that goes beyond anything you can imagine & a life that continues to bring you joy in every moment. Happy Birthday Sherry.

    Hugs,

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy Birthday, Sherry. May your new year be filled with love and light.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Sherry,
    You have a loving husband that supports you in your life's journey. What a beautiful surprise!
    May you feel blessed and loved as you celebrate your life. Thank you for being here. I send you love, support and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry, What a beautiful way to celebrate a birthday! I look forward to many more years of your wisdom, your grace and your friendship. And hang on to that husband of yours, he is a real treasure! Happy Birthday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry, Happy Birthday my friend. You are such a blessing and I'm so glad you're sharing your spiritual journey with all of us. It has been a excellent source of inspiration to me on my journey. Blessings to you today and always. Ya Ya. Love, Lou Dawn (aka Princess Takes Care of Herself)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry,

    Happy, Happy Birthday. May your year be filled with an abundacne of joy, love, happiness and prosperityy. You are a blessing. Thank you for sharing your love and light.

    Love, Francine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so very much!! What a joyful surprise my husband's "guest post" was!
    I am blessed beyond words having so much light in my life, in all of you.
    With love,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very special happy birthday, Sherry! What a wonderful and affectionate surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Sherry.

    Please accept this. Though it is late by a day.

    Let me tell you your posts are blessings. May fragrance you carry within spread to every corner of this small planet and every heart living on it.

    May not thank you every time you post, but let it be today a BIG THANK YOU from my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Sherry. Thanks for your beautiful writing, and support of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, that’s a nice share. I think that everyone that comes in our lives is a blessing to us so celebrating his/her birthday is vital thing. The parties with loved ones just make our bonds stronger. We also hosted our mom’s 45th birthday recently at the local venue NYC and it just turned out to be a blasting eve ever.

    ReplyDelete