Monday, April 26, 2010
Setting the Body's Energy
An example would be answering the phone, and after hanging up noticing that you feel very different than you did before the conversation. You may feel down and tired, or you may feel energized and uplifted, depending on the energy of the conversation, and of the person you were speaking with.
There are many tools we can use to influence the energy we experience within our bodies. All begin with first choosing what you want to create, in your present experience. It's not difficult to do in practice; probably the hardest part is remembering that we can choose how we want to experience our moments.
The other day I wanted to change the energy I was experiencing, to a higher level. I wanted my body to match the vibration of my highest good. At the Berkeley Psychic Institute, they sometimes use a technique called "bringing yourself up to gold." Gold is often seen as the color, or vibration, of God, or truth, or our highest. It is the color of clarity. So I decided to use that tool to set the energy in my body.
A great thing about BPI is that they really focus on keeping spiritual growth like being in kindergarten, so many of the techniques are simple, and profoundly powerful in their simplicity.
The other day I practiced it in this silly way, in the energy of kindergarten:
1. Get comfortable and close your eyes
2. Breathe deeply and focus on yourself
3. Affirm to yourself that the color gold embodies the vibration of your highest good
4. In your imagination, see the color of one cell in your body (I used the tip of my nose) change to gold
5. Watch as the adjacent cells in your body match the gold one, and the gold vibration of your highest good spreads from cell to cell down and through your entire body
6. Feel yourself as gold, and expressing the truth of your highest good
You can use this technique to bring into your body any specific energy you'd like, such as peace, or enthusiasm or self-acceptance.
If you choose to try this, remember that it works best when we don't try too hard, so just have fun with it. Our intention to have it be so is enough. As we watch this manifest in our mind's eye, we enhance the strength of bringing it forward as our truth.
May this tool be a blessing. . .