Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Living Your Purpose

I believe that the purpose of life is, simply, to live it. Really live it. We are meant to live our lives fully, experiencing all of our moments as deeply as possible, and thereby knowing what it has meant to be uniquely, and completely, us.

To live our lives fully, we need to be in present time as much as possible. It’s easier said than done, but important because we can’t really know all of the richness of being here when our minds are in the future, or in the past. There really is unimaginable power in cultivating being right here, right now.

Living life fully means being present for all of it, the highest highs and the lowest lows. It means not hiding from our deepest emotions, and accepting those feelings that make us uncomfortable and we wish we didn’t feel. It means accepting the parts of ourselves that are still stuck in forgetting.

When we are in touch with the present moment, we are aware of what we are feeling, and can make more conscious decisions about how we want to show up. We design ourselves with clear intention.

I have heard it said that our purpose in life is to pursue what makes us happy. Yes!  We are meant to create the best and highest expression of ourselves in all ways. Sometimes, though, creating our highest in this human form means pushing through the pain and confusion of forgetting. That too, as uncomfortable as it can be, is our purpose, to be fully present with our experiences, learn from them, and ultimately appreciate their lessons as they lead us to knowing our Godselves.

For me, the crux of living my purpose is consciously creating myself and my experience, and then being aware enough to appreciate the creation. In doing so, I am God, knowing herself.

May this tool be a blessing. . .

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! It is perplexing to me how difficult it can be just to be present. I truly think it's the best thing we can do for ourselves and also a great gift to those around us, to be present with others.

    In my spiritual learning, I've started to really cultivate self-love as a way to stop worrying about what I'm "not" yet. I'm nurturing (little by little) a well of contentment inside that carries me through the highs and lows of life. It keeps me connected so that when depression starts to sneak up, I know that it's only in the moment and will soon pass.

    What's become really interesting lately is that I've learned that it can be more difficult to access that calm contentment in the happy moments than it is in the sad. Maybe it's that I don't feel like I need it as much at that time but it pulls me away from center.

    Still always working on it. This is, indeed, a blessing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this thought. I have been wrestling with living for my purpose and living for the now for a little while. I had a lightbulb moment last nigh and then this morning have read this post. It all just makes sense.

    Thank you.

    Like awitchtrying, I too have chosen to stop worrying about what I'm "not" yet and nurturing the strength inside me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well post, i was looking the same for my purpose in life essay help.

    Write Purpose in Life Essay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this post very much as it has helped me a lot in my research and is quite interesting as well. Thank you for sharing this information with us.

    Essay On Purpose In Life

    ReplyDelete